10.27.2011

Povitica - Daring Bakers' October Challenge

The October Challenge over at the Daring Kitchen was Povitica 
(hosted by Jenni of The Gingered Whisk).  A traditional European dessert bread 
that is by far one of the most delicious breads I've eaten. 



Its been quite awhile since I've challenged myself in the kitchen.  Kids and work and "life" just get in the way.  So when I heard about The Daring Kitchen and the monthly challenges, I quickly signed myself up!  What a great reason to bake something I might not otherwise get to.  

It was some of the most fun I've had in my kitchen in a long time.  As with any yeast bread, it was a process, but very much worth it.  It was a full days process for me, but that is mostly because I have a cold kitchen and things take forever and a day to rise.   

I ended up using all the filling on the first loaf (I think I may have added a few too many nuts resulting in a very thick filling).  So for the second loaf, I kept it simple with sugar and cinnamon and butter.  And then forgot to take a picture.  But it was beautiful!  And delicious!  

Can you tell I enjoyed eating it?  Its been my breakfast, snack and dessert all week.  



I cannot wait for next month to see what the challenge is!  (As if I really need a reason to be in the kitchen.)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Same here, served this as dessert, breakfast and snacks and I made it only yesterday! Wonderful looking povitica .. Yum, really yum :)!

    rajani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Daring Kitchen, its lots of fun and totally addictive.
    Your loaf looks so yummy and moist - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Your povitica turned out really nice! I'm glad you like it, it is quite addicting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Daring Bakers! Great work on your first challenge
    Best, Sandie

    ReplyDelete