8.17.2011

Grandma Doris

I miss my Grandma.  


I want to call her...

To tell her that I'm so overwhelmed at the thought of Annika starting Kindergarten tomorrow...
To have her tell me that it will be great...that Annika will do great...but that she can't believe she's going to Kindergarten either.
To hear what she has been keeping busy with...
And how her church friends are.
To have her remind me how wonderful my husband is...and how blessed I am to have him in my life...
To hear stories about what she used to do for Grandpa...
To remind me only to use the seasonings in my food that Ryan likes.
So I can tell her what I've been sewing...
And how my garden is doing.
To hear her say that she loves me...that she can't wait to see me...but that I shouldn't come up unless the weather is really good.  

I miss her so much...my heart breaks.  

She used to have this wonderful desert at her house.  Chocolate cake.  Marshmallows.  Chocolate Frosting.  I'm not sure what the real recipe is...or what she called it.  But I was craving the comfort of Grandma Doris so badly yesterday I had to recreate something similar.  


Too bad my recipe only made 6.  I may need more before the week is over.  :)

So here's to you Grandma Doris....
Thank you for being an amazing Woman of God, Grandma and friend.  

I love you!

Keep watching for this wonderful recipe...it's coming!  

No comments:

Post a Comment